Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Facade-lift.

As each day is changing my perspective on life, instances that were once important become so trivial. I enjoy spending more time with myself, which I never thought possible. I thought I needed to be showered with attention. Constant attention; which has caused a rift in the relationship between Price's father and I, but I realize now that counting on myself is the best way to gain internal strength. Strength I will surely need becoming a mother.

My false impression of being pregnant has only provided me a crutch with which I have been dependent on for the past few months. Just like every women's body reacts to pregnancy differently, so the nature of that same pregnancy exsists differently in relation to the lifestyle of the mother. Many women may cling to their relationship they form with their husband or significant other, I have made it a point to focus on the relationship I have with myself.

During the next week many of my friends will be packing up their suitcases and coolers to prepare for the break. Much like my classmates who are preparing to make the trip to Panama City or Destin for Spring Break, I am counting down the days until I will make the road trip to be with my family in Missouri. My sister-in-law, Anna Jayne, who is also pregnant, will provide the perfect escape from a world where I am a constant outcast.

It is almost as if my mind is becoming consumed with thoughts of being a mother. Being with Anna allows me the opportunity to talk about motherhood with someone who will experience the joy very soon after I welcome my little one in to this world; being with my mother allows me the opportunity to talk about motherhood with someone who has been a wonderful mother for the last 28 years of her life. Through building a relationship with myself it has become evident that the support system that my parents and family provide is of utmost importance.

I believe that Price knows when he is surrounded by love and the unconditional affection my family gives me is in direct relation to the love he will be born in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment