Sunday, March 1, 2009

Post numero uno.

"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone."
- Author Unknown

I truly am never alone, as Price often reminds me between the hours of 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. I find it hard to sleep these days. Less than 3 months until my due date and I'm not certain what each day holds in store; a new adventure with each coming sunrise. As the day draws nigh I find myself growing more and more anxious...the excitement of bringing a new life in to the world is not only frightening but beautiful. I don't think any woman is ever fully prepared to be a mother, but when the moment arrives and I see his face I have faith all the anxiety will subside.

I never saw being an unwed mother-to-be at 23 years old as a point on my lifes' atlas. I never thought I would face so many of the aspects of pregnancy alone or in a college setting, but I have come to realize that this is my testimony. God has a reason and a plan for everything. He would never present me with a situation I can't handle and I trust His plan. I only wish I didn't attract the negative glances when I walk in to a classroom. It seems that people are quick to judge and discount their own actions. I use to be guilty of the same, but I now realize that if you are having pre-marital sex, there is nothing stopping you from being me except...well, timing. And Plan B.

But I forgive those ignorant people who jump to conclusions because I deserve to be forgiven for my ignorance. Your stares and your finger pointing no longer have an effect on me.




2 comments:

  1. Marlee, You are a beautiful, intelligent young woman!!!!!! I hope you will continue this blog for Price. He is really a gift from God and he will bless you and your family for years to come. I love you. You are a wonderful person. Keep you chin up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete